Cranboyz Online

A place for the members of the Cranboyz to share stories about Comic Books, Conventions and Artwork!



Monday, August 23, 2010

A Unique Tale

It's been awhile since I've posted, so I wanted to share what I've been working on lately. About a year ago, I started playing around with digital coloring in Photoshop. I was reading books, watching tutorials, and practicing by coloring sketches and commissions from our own collections whenever I had free time.

Earlier this year, Shane suggested that I contact Comfort Love and Adam Withers, to speak with them about digital coloring. And now, thanks to the truly amazing Comfort and Adam, I've actually gotten to work in comics! You can check out my first published work here for free, in issue #6 of the Uniques Tales Anthology. In addition, I've posted below the original lineart by artist Dan Campos, my flats for the artwork, as well as the credits page from the issue.



So go check out the Uniques Tales when you get the chance! And be on the lookout for the second issue of Comfort and Adam's new series, Rainbow In the Dark, in which I've flatted several pages. More to come!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so proud! I remember when you were just a little metal-assed bastard!

    Nice work, bro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Andy that is freakin' awesome! Wicked happy for you and look forward to more of your published work!

    ReplyDelete