Cranboyz Online

A place for the members of the Cranboyz to share stories about Comic Books, Conventions and Artwork!



Sunday, December 15, 2019

"Shane can't believe he bought art from..." Part 3: Mike Zeck

This year I was able to add some artwork to my collection from some of my favorite artists, artists I didn't think I'd ever have the chance to own original art from!
Part 3: MIKE ZECK!


Secret Wars came out just as I was starting to collect comic books and was the first series that I actively searched out the next issue! And come on, that cover to Issue 1 alone would make any kid a Mike Zeck Fan!

Over the years, Mike Zeck drew so many characters and stories that I enjoyed, The Punisher, Spider-Man, Batman, Deathstroke and G.I. Joe, just to name a few!

Mike Zeck on Captain America has always stood out! The stories seemed more real when Mike drew them and the art always grabbed your attention!


I've had the chance to get some books signed by Mike Zeck over the years but he wasn't always drawing at conventions and it seemed like when he was, I couldn't make it happen.


Over the summer, right before I saw Mike Zeck at Heroes Con, I happened to check out his online store and he had 1 Captain America head sketch! I didn't hesitate! It was such a great take on Cap looking somber and intimidating! When I did see Mike at Heroes and told him I was bale to snag that sketch, he told me how lucky I was because a lot of people contacted him upset that it was gone!


I am proud that the one Mike Zeck piece of art is this Captain America! Even though Cap looks like he might be a little disappointed in me!



No comments:

Post a Comment